Spiritual Disciplines: Meditation (Psalm 119:97-104)Pastor Tim Holwerda, February 24, 2019
Part of the Spiritual Disciplines series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
How do we get "deep" as Christians? Through meditation.
1. What is it? Thinking deeply about God's word to know him and obey him.
2. Why meditate? It helps us "digest" God's word, to be absorbed deeply.
3. What does it focus on? Seeks to fill the mind, not to empty it.
4. What are the benefits? To know God and Jesus Christ! Plus: wisdom, insight, understanding, and more.
5. How to start? Suggest beginning with Psalm 119. One verse per day.
It's about knowing Jesus; not just reading "a book". When you read Scripture, expect to meet Jesus.
|« Strategies of Renewal: The Power of Small||None||Spiritual Disciplines: Prayer »|