Jonah: The Book That Ends With A Question (Jonah 4:1-11)Pastor Dale VanderVeen, October 7, 2018
Part of the Jonah series, preached at a Sunday Evening service
"Should I not be concerned about that great city?" God is concerned about saving lost people. God much prefers to save rather than condemn. 7 evidences...
1. He called a reluctant prophet.
2. He sent a violent storm.
3. He provided an unexpected fish.
4. He answered a desperate prayer.
5. He reinstated a chastened prophet.
6. He spared a penitent city.
7. He taught an angry evangelist.
(The vine, worm, and scorching wind were teaching tools, and Jonah thought God's actions absurd. But God showed Jonah a new perspective: "shouldn't I be concerned?")
Conclusion (and more evidence): He gave his one and only Son.
|« Crossing Borders||Faith for Messy Lives: Faith Works||Faith Is Seeking A Home »|